Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization formed by CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton has an opening for a Development Associate. The Development Associate position will have a dual reporting to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and the Events Manager and will be based in Dayton. The duties and requirements of this position are as follows:
Summary: The Development Associate will provide administrative support for the major and planned giving programs, assist in the management and execution of multiple fundraising events and other projects, and other day to day tasks in a dual role supporting Major and Planned Giving and Auction, generally on a 50/50 basis. May occasionally require hours to be worked outside the normal work day.
- Major Giving /Mid-Level Giving Fundraising & Support
- Assist with major donor and foundation renewal and acquisition mailings.
- Make weekly phone calls to prospective or current donors to schedule staff visits.
- Conduct prospect research using online tools and analysis on current/prospective individuals and foundations.
- Assist in the management of a mid-level donor program ($250-999), including cultivation events, targeted fundraising appeals, and email messages.
- Assist in the creation of content for the major and planned giving newsletter.
- Maintain birthday calendar for Major and Planned Giving donors.
- Mail birthday and holiday cards to donors (working with Receptionist.)
- Assist with annual recognition events.
- Perform a support role on the PMC planned and major giving team, attending meetings, e-mail interaction, conference calls, etc.
- Handle support duties for Visionary mailings (working with Receptionist.)
- Update foundation and individual donor listings.
- Create and/or update calendars for due dates of major gifts, projects, and grants.
- Develop and maintain administrative procedures for bequests and major gifts.
- Assist with website updates and email messaging as related to donor fund raising.
- Develop and maintain a standard planned giving pipeline report.
- Assist in database annotation for major and planned giving donors and reference.
- Maintain Sales Force software up-to-date for corporate development purposes that are sponsors.
- Reference Allegiance database to populate Sales Force, as needed.
- Event Management
- Assist in the management and execution of community fundraising events in the Dayton region on an annual basis.
- Planning and execution of all donor or prospect breakfast, lunch, dinner, screening and off-site events.
- Manage all invitation lists, printing invites, and RSVP calls and lists. Produce event nametags.
- Manage event caterer and all event set-up and clean-up needs.
- Staff off-site events, as needed, including event set-up and clean-up.
- Work with Art Director and Marketing staff for all event graphic needs and promotional opportunities.
- Auction Management
- Contact potential auction donors via phone.
- Handle follow up communication with potential donors.
- Check monthly with potential donors.
- Manage list of promised donations.
- Manage pickup of auction donations.
- Transport items between Dayton and Cincinnati as needed.
- Assist with pick up of purchased auction items in Dayton.
- Continuing research for new potential donors.
- Assist with mailings to donors and buyers.
- Participate in monthly auction committee meetings via teleconference.
- Budget oversight: maintaining office supplies and materials for the major and planned giving department at ThinkTV.
- Assist volunteer and Receptionist in the research, creation, maintenance and on-air component (spots) connected with the monthly Healthy Balance Calendar.
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in an administrative position
- Non-profit development/fundraising experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to smoothly work with multiple objectives simultaneously
- Skilled in consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to anticipate problems and quickly solve them
- Strong customer-service skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Database experience preferred
- Flexibility in hours of work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, and Excel
Bachelor’s degree in media, broadcasting, or communications desired.
If interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org