First Step Home is a very exciting place to work, which focuses on helping women with substance use disorder recover while they live together with their children. First Step Home is seeking a Development Associate.
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Development
SUMMARY: Responsible for enhancing individual, planned giving and corporate fundraising efforts, including working with donor data base (CRM – Customer Relationship Management). To help enlarge individual donor giving, legacy giving, event organization and corporate donations for the agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, qualify and solicit individual donors through research, data base technology and personal effort.
- Assist in designing individual marketing strategies and execute strategies within donor data base, including seeking out and making connecting with potential new donors with Director of Development.
- Research donors and cultivate, qualify, solicit and steward individual, planned giving and corporate donors.
- Assertively seeks additional individual, planned giving and corporate funding sources and opportunities.
- Assist in creating documents necessary for presentation and publication.
- Increase and monitor donor base.
- Assist with special events.
- Develop timely and accurate reporting to funding partners and foundations.
- Coordinate the receipt of donations and required thank you letters.
- Compile Board update reports based on Donor Perfect data monthly.
- Maintains pool of current and new individual donors for annual and other giving campaigns.
- Pursue training necessary for enhancing skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications or related field.
- Two year’s experience in fundraising/development for a non-profit agency or sales position in for profit world.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect or other fundraising software.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com