Organization: Great Parks Forever
Position Title: Development Associate
Position Location: Winton Woods, 10245 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Compensation: starting salary of $33,000 – $38,000 per year depending on experience, health insurance, phone stipend, paid time off plus holidays, retirement savings
About Great Parks Forever
Great Parks Forever is the philanthropic partner of Great Parks of Hamilton County. We translate an early conservation promise into everyday experiences and lasting legacies by stewarding natural and financial resources for all forever. We are proud to play an active role in the success of Great Parks.
The Development Associate role is a new position designed to meet the needs of a growing organization. The role is focused on three main areas: 50 percent development, 35 percent administration and 15 percent special events. We seek a future leader with the desire to grow his/her non-profit experience. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors and Great Parks of Hamilton County staff members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide outstanding customer service via phone, email and in person to park guests, donors, board members, internal stakeholders, vendors and contractors
- Manage and maintain fundraising database, including data entry, queries and reports
- Manage gift acknowledgement process
- Manage all administrative functions such as order supplies, process regular and bulk mail, digital file organization, track event registration and attendance, meeting and event preparation, keep mailing lists up to date and update website content
- Coordinate volunteers for special projects and events
- Manage small events
- Lead legacy tree and bench program including manage inventory online, respond to inquiries, collaborate with Great Parks staff to resolve donors’ concerns and communicate with donor throughout the process
- All other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of experience providing customer service and administrative support in a professional environment
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to balance a wide variety of activities
- Ability and motivation to troubleshoot issues, find solutions and make decisions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in eTapestry, WordPress and MailChimp strongly preferred
- Able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Able to understand and demonstrate respect for cultural and socio-economic differences
- Able to embrace and support constructive change
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
Usual Physical Demands
The following physical demands are typically exhibited by position incumbents performing this job’s essential duties and responsibilities. These physical demands are not, and should not be construed to be job qualification standards, but are illustrated to help the employer, employee and/or applicant identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may need to be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties because of an ADA disability.
- Employee frequently exhibits manual dexterity performing job duties, and frequently talks and hears when working and interacting with job contacts.
- Employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands for extended periods of time.
- Employee typically exhibits normal vision demands.
- Employee regularly lifts items up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lifts items up to 25 pounds.
Normal office working conditions
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Executive Director Alicia Culman at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3. No phone calls please.
Great Parks Forever is an equal employment opportunity employer. Great Parks Forever provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law. This protection applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment.