The Development Associate will support the Observatory’s fundraising and development efforts including member communications, donation tracking, special events, data management, and more. This is a part-time position.
This position requires an organized self-starter with basic development experience. The individual will report to the Operations Director and work with the Board’s Development Committee and other committees as appropriate, as well as the Observatory staff, volunteers, and Board of Trustees.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Send renewal reminders to lapsed donors and Observatory members.
• Enter gifts into donor database and issue tax receipts and acknowledgement letters.
• Provide lead detail planning for 2-3 special events, including annual Celestial Sips and Valentine’s Night fundraisers.
• Provide support in planning Mitchel Society Donor Recognition event and other similar gatherings related to donor cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising.
• Assemble, write, and facilitate printing of Observatory’s Annual Report.
• Assist with the administration of the Observatory’s Foundation.
• Utilize database and other data sources to document and support fundraising initiatives and activities.
• Manage email and mailing list distribution from the donor database.
• Create and maintain updated donor records and details.
• Send monthly e-newsletters to Observatory member base.
• Represent the Observatory professionally in communications with donors.
• Assist with basic data entry for Observatory financials.
• May support additional development efforts as requested; other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of not for profit or development experience required.
• Experience with planning and executing special events preferred.
• Understanding of and experience with fundraising software, preferably e-Tapestry or other Blackbaud software.
• Attention to detail and Impeccable organizational skills a must
• Ability to repond to unanticipated issues and manage confidential information.
• Superior written & verbal communication skills.
• Professional and engaging personality, excellent work ethic.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Observatory Operations Director Anna Hehman at email@example.com by April 30 at midnight. No phone calls, please.