Job title: Corporate Executive of Gift Planning
Organization: Ohio Living Foundation
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Corporate Executive of Gift Planning creates, develops, and implements a comprehensive fund development program, in partnership with the Chief Development Officer to build meaningful relationships with philanthropically motivated people who wish to provide annual and future support to the organization’s life plan communities and home health and hospice programs and services through current and deferred gifts.
Essential Activities and Tasks
- Develops a portfolio of 35 prospective major and planned giving donors, including private foundation representatives.
- Develops short and long-range plans to help ensure fundraising expectations are met or exceeded.
- Uses a “moves management” model to strategically cultivate relationships with prospective donors in anticipation of soliciting major and planned gifts.
- Applies best practice gift planning techniques to ascertain the best combination of current and deferred giving to match the donor’s aspirations with those of Ohio Living.
- Develops strategies to secure ongoing significant sources of charitable gifts.
- Manages and evaluates all programs to obtain major gifts including current, deferred, and estate gifts.
- Ensures the continual development of prospect leads to support major and planned gifts.
- Collaborates with organization leadership to facilitate fundraising programs and projects to support the organization.
Talent Management and Development
- Manages the gift planning team.
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates employees.
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Promotes performance expectations so direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with the company policy and procedure and provides developmental guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Monitors accountability with organization requirements prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages employees who are routinely not observing these requirements to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and intervention.
- Serves as an external spokesperson for the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Provides input in the development of communications, public relations materials and publications.
- Fosters, develops, cultivates, and maintains positive and effective relationships with company leaders, board members, volunteers, prospects, donors, residents, patients, and family members.
- Leads the preparation of materials and agendas for the Campus Fundraising Council, the Fundraising Advisory Committee of the Foundation Board, and other committees.
- Manages the budget of the Foundation’s Fundraising Department; reviews the overall financial statements of the Foundation and monitors the budget to make sure financial goals are met.
- Serves as a member of the Foundation Officer Team that sets the strategic direction of the Foundation; serves on related committees and task forces.
- Provides input on fundraising, stewardship, and finance policies.
- Adheres to federal, state, and local government laws and regulations that govern overall fundraising programs, particularly those pertaining to charitable solicitations and fundraising administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, Master’s preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) preferred.
- Ten years experience in fundraising program management preferred.
- Ten years experience in direct fundraising required.
- Documented success in major and deferred gift solicitation required.
- Knowledge of philanthropic fundraising methods and ethics required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the internet required.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising system software required.
>>> Please go to http://bit.ly/OLF_CEGiftPlanning to apply! <<<