FC Cincinnati is an ambitious, disruptive soccer club that is both brand- and fan-focused, embraces competition with a zeal for winning on and off the field and an unwavering dedication to excellence to build the club and serve the community. The club is fully committed to making Cincinnati a championship city, by creating a legacy that becomes the embodiment of a rising Cincinnati. FC Cincinnati is set to lead, inspire and unite the next generation of citizens and soccer fans.
The organization is built on the core tenants of winning, a family-friendly atmosphere and serving as an active participant in the community. The culture of the company and the team thrives on trust, a desire to be great, a commitment to success, and to furthering the “aligned ambition” of goals that provide cohesive opportunities for personal and organizational growth.
The Community Development Manager/Officer will spend roughly 90% of his/her time spearheading fundraising initiatives for the FC Cincinnati Foundation and roughly 10% of his/her time managing community initiatives for FC Cincinnati.
The Community Development Manager/Officer understands the importance of strong communication skills and adhering to tight deadlines. Creativity, hard work, positive attitude, strong attention to detail, and dedication are all necessary traits.
- Translate current and emerging organizational priorities into achievable fundraising targets, develop plans of action, and lead the execution of those plans for donor development and annual giving.
- Develop and execute a diversified annual fundraising program and actionable plan to achieve the annual goal.
- Oversee the identification and cultivation of new funding sources to attract new investors and generate new revenue.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospective individual donors including solicitation and stewardship.
- Create and execute short and long-term strategies to increase foundation and corporate donations.
- Manage internal and external resources for grant-writing and development; writing grants, all grant reporting.
- Measure, monitor, and track outcomes using appropriate criteria to produce accurate budget preparations and project fundraising activities.
- Manage fundraising database including maintaining the integrity of the database and producing fundraising, donor analytics, and other reports.
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Community Relations & Executive Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of nonprofit functions including all areas of fundraising.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners, private foundations, and individual donors by building personal credibility and solid trust.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills essential to expanding relationships, resolving conflicts, and managing change effectively.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct; possess strong time management and organizational skills.
- Community-minded both internally working well with a team and externally in Foundation programming.
- Proven leadership ability with strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations.
Education and Experience:
BS/BA in Communications, Marketing, Public Administration, Social Work or related field, along with 5-7 years in development for a nonprofit, including a proven track record of major gifts, annual fund campaigns, donor cultivation and engagement in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm; however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays as the project workload dictates. You will be expected to work every home match.
Interested candidates please email careers@FCCincinnati.com with resume and cover letter, and salary requirements.