The LAM Foundation is currently seeking a Communications & Outreach Coordinator.
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator’s primary role is to produce and lead communications and outreach activities in support of The LAM Foundation’s programs and services. This position will also be responsible for elements of the annual national conference and regional educational meetings. The ideal candidate will have experience with multi-channel communications (digital, print, event) in a healthcare setting.
Reports to: CEO
- Content development
- Collect, write/edit and distribute up-to-date and relevant content from a spectrum of sources including Foundation programs, staff and volunteers (Board, scientists) scientific journals and patients in both written and video forms.
- Coordinate the production of all collateral material for outreach purposes including but not limited to booth materials, printed pieces, brochures and videos.
- Coordinate the outreach calendar to balance multiple messages to multiple audiences via a variety of promotional channels such as eblasts, website, social media, mailings and events.
- Communications & outreach
- Monitor, coordinate and engage with TLF audiences via social media as outlined in the annual communications plan and as directed by the Social Media & Outreach committee.
- Explore and suggest social media strategies to maximize reach and effectiveness.
- Lead and contribute to campaign development and execution as needed. For example, clinical trial enrollment, 25th anniversary, and development campaigns.
- Write and send out e-newsletters and other program-specific communications.
- Write and distribute timely press releases as needed.
- Develop and maintain The LAM Foundation brand on all external communications.
- Manage thelamfoundation.org
- Keep website and all social media sites updated with current program information.
- Responsible for publishing content on the website, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, streamlining navigation and increasing our online presence for our LAM patient and scientific communities.
- Journeys printed newsletter
- Collaborate with CEO, Scientific Director and Patient Services Director to produce annual or bi-annual editions of Journeys, The LAM Foundation’s printed publication. Participate in editorial meeting, coordinate articles, edit stories, coordinate layout with graphic designer and coordinate printing and distribution.
- Event Planning
- Lead or participate as a team member in planning and hosting national and regional conferences including but not limited to program development, speaker recruitment, scientific program support, event marketing and event production.
- Other outreach and communications support as needed
- PowerPoint creation, messaging and deck management
- Video production in collaboration with external vendors
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Desire and ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of patients, donors and supporters to meet or exceed their expectations within the Foundation’s parameters
- Compassion and empathy for individuals and families living with chronic disease
- Professional confidence and decorum when working with VIPs, physicians, scientists and donors
- Passion for sustaining non-profit industries through communication and outreach activities
- Ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn, high levels of integrity and autonomy
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree; Master’s degree in professional and/or technical writing a plus
- 1-4 years of work experience in communications or PR in a healthcare or research environment
- Experience with digital marketing services (specifically MailChimp) preferred, strong social media affinity
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and social media (specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), Photoshop, and InDesign
- Must be familiar with publishing and design software in order to maintain client websites and have knowledge of search engine analytics to maximize traffic to the website
- Experience with HTML
- Ability to travel 5-8 times per year and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Event planning experience a plus
Qualified candidates may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org