Job title: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Organization: The LAM Foundation
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator’s primary role is to produce communications and outreach activities in support of The LAM Foundation’s programs and services. The ideal candidate will have experience with multi-channel communications (digital, print, event) in a healthcare setting.
- Content development• Collect, write/edit and distribute up-to-date and relevant content in both written and video forms.
- Coordinate the production of collateral material such as booth materials, printed pieces, brochures, and videos.
- Coordinate messages to multiple audiences including, website, social media, mailings, and events.
- Communications & outreach
- Monitor, coordinate and engage with TLF audiences via social media as outlined in the annual communications plan
- Explore and suggest social media strategies to maximize reach and effectiveness.
- Maintain The LAM Foundation brand on all external communications.
- Keep website and all social media sites updated with current program information.
- Responsible for publishing content on the website, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, and streamlining navigation.
- Journeys printed newsletter
- Collaborate to produce annual or bi-annual editions of Journeys, The LAM Foundation’s printed publication.
- Participate in editorial meetings, coordinate articles, write & edit stories, coordinate layout with the graphic designer, and coordinate printing and distribution.
- Event Planning
- Participate in planning national and regional conferences including program development, speaker recruitment, scientific program support, event marketing, and event production.
- Video production in collaboration with external vendors.
- Desire and ability to understand and respond to the needs of patients, donors, and supporters.
- Professional confidence and decorum when working with VIPs, scientists, and donors.
- Ability to think creatively, identify, and resolve problems.
- Analytical, organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree; Master’s degree in professional and/or technical writing a plus.
- 1-4 years of work experience in communications or PR in a healthcare or research environment.
- Experience with digital marketing services (specifically MailChimp) preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and social media (specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with publishing and design software to maintain client websites and have knowledge of search engine analytics to maximize traffic to the website.
- Experience with HTML.
- Ability to travel 5-8 times per year and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Event planning experience a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.