Job title: Communications and Marketing Specialist
Organization: Easterseals - Serving Greater Cincinnati
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is a critical role in a fast-changing organization. Under the leadership of the Vice President Development & Marketing, the Communications and Marketing Specialist works closely with program and development staff and executive leaders to advance the Easterseals brand through all communication channels.
- Facilitate internal and external communications including marketing and public relations activities, ensuring consistent communication of image and message both internally and externally.
- Ensure that all communications, both internal and external, are true to the overall national Easterseals brand.
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including e-newsletters and e-blasts, annual report, marketing, development, and solicitation materials, presentations and speeches, consistent and engaging postings and conversations on social media outlets, website, press releases, event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage.
- Work with leadership to identify media opportunities and implement media campaigns around key programs and issues. Work closely with VP Development and Marketing to ensure appropriate response to media requests.
- Manage relationship with Easterseals national headquarters regarding communications and public relations.
- Submit regular reports on communications activities, engagement levels, and progress.
- Work with staff, including working closely with the special events leader, to understand and support their communications needs, while maintaining an overall organizational strategic perspective.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications, public relations, not-for-profits and the disability services. Use this information to assist with initiative and innovation.
- Ensure adherence to program policies and other requirements.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Required Experience, Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, PR or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, time management, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer applications relevant to this position, i.e. database management, MS Office, MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
- Goal orientation with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission and goals of Easter Seals.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines.
- Detailed oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively plan, focus, and execute to bring improvement to current ways of doing business and motivate colleagues, volunteers, partners and donors.
- Sound judgment and integrity.
- Proven success in working with diverse populations.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and practice in day to day interaction.
- Requires some evening availability.
To apply for this job please visit https://goo.gl/Rd7V7o