The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s communications programs and tools to increase visibility and awareness of the organization among its target audiences, as well as to further its strategic goals. Develop and implement branding and communications standards. The Communications and Marketing Manager works under the overall direction of the Vice President of Development and works closely with the organization’s Development Team, senior management team, the Board of Trustees and key committee volunteers, outside consultants, and vendors. The incumbent in this position is the primary champion of the organization’s brand, and develops communications and marketing programs and tools including advertising, publications, electronic communications, public relations, media relations, and events. Helps other staff members effectively communicate their ideas and accomplishments.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the Development and Senior Management team.
- Manage outside consulting groups and vendors for public relations, media buys, website management, printing, graphic design and video production.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Create and manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and collateral materials, email marketing, web site management and content development, press releases, corporate videos and marketing collateral, RFP review and development, marketing budget development, and cost tracking.
- May aid in the preparation of agency presentations and/or speeches for staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate and manage all marketing, PR, and advertising for agency events as well as managing the development of all event collateral.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Photo Shop, and graphic design.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Self-starter, able to work independently. Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence.”
- Leadership capabilities with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Strong working or hands-on knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media.
- Confident communicator and presenter.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- May require occasional bending, squatting, and reaching.
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 25 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or a related area
Interested candidates may apply to:
People Working Cooperatively
Attention: Human Resources
4612 Paddock Road
Cincinnati, OH 45229