The Client Case Assistant (CCA) holds responsibility in two areas at the Center: 1) case management, and 2) medical recovery. This position will report to both the Medical Recovery Manager and the Nurse Supervisor. The CCA is responsible for the identification, linkage, and coordination of available resources which most effectively respond to the identified needs of the client and facilitates self-sufficiency. Knowledge and leverage of community resources are key, with an emphasis on communication, coordination, collaboration, and professionalism. The CCA also contributes to the delivery of focused client medical care via the completion and communication of routine activities and their results, which may include, obtaining clients’ vital signs, recording general health information, meal assistance, facility cleanliness etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate case management intake process for new clients.
- Complete client assessments, identify client barriers, and update assessments, as necessary.
- Document client individual social goals, needs, and progress via VESTA Case Plans and Encounter Notes, respectively, within 48 business hours of client contact/appointment completion.
- Document client medical needs based on Center’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate team meetings and/or ongoing case plan discussions with community partners.
- Model effective strategies and educate clients on appropriate techniques to access and use community resources.
- Maintain cleanliness, functionality, and security of the facility, including client chore management, bed checks, meal and diet assistance, and more, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external operating and reporting requirements.
- Employ universal standard medical precautions, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by Nurse Supervisor and/or Medical Recovery Manager.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice/Social Work or STNA certification preferred.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Some or thorough medical knowledge, including medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and to use discretion with confidential data that may impact staff and operation of the Center.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Related skills, such as flexible personality; ability to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented; excellent written and verbal communication skills; recognition and practice of timely, accurate documentation throughout medical and case management service delivery.
- Keen understanding of counseling or social work practices with highly vulnerable populations; understanding of the nature and needs of homeless populations.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of culturally-sensitive and responsive behaviors.
- Familiarity with the basic tenets of a Trauma Informed Care philosophy.
- Website: centerforrespitecare.org
- Facebook: CenterForRespiteCare
- Twitter: @HomelessRespite
- Current Address: 3550 Washington Street | Cincinnati/Avondale | Ohio
- Relocation Address: Near Vine & Liberty Streets in Over-the-Rhine in the new St. Anthony Center
Center for Respite Care is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide quality, holistic medical care to adult homeless people who need a safe place to heal, while assisting in breaking the cycle of homelessness. This is accomplished through the implementation of our core program – medical recovery. Staff address the pressing needs of our homeless clients through medical evaluations, limited laboratory tests, medication administration, nursing care, health education, and the coordination of medical and mental health services.
Center for Respite Care, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disabilities, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter, in confidence, to Elle Bacon at email@example.com.