CLIENT CARE ASSISTANT – CCA
The CCA (Client Care Assistant) provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician, nurse supervisor and/or LPN on staff. Contributes to the delivery of focused, patient care. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Documents procedures and interactions in the patient’s medical record. Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately.
CCA Essential Functions:
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according clinical procedures; anticipate physician’s needs for supplies and equipment and plans accordingly.
- Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Uses standard precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply Center policies and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including proper grammar, presentation, spelling, punctuation, and composition in order to maintain records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to use discretion with confidential data that may impact staff and operation of the Center. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
CCA Job Requirements
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one to three years’ experience as a Client Care Assistant in a clinic or acute care setting preferred.
• First Aid/CPR Certification.
• Completion of an accredited, recognized Medical Assistant or STNA Training Program, along with certification appropriate to the level of corresponding education and/or training.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Center for Respite Care
Attention: CCA Position
P.O. Box 29137
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Or email to CEO@centerforrespitecare.org