As a member of the United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) leadership team, the Chief Resource Development Officer (CRDO) will assume a strategic role in the overall management of UWGC and will have responsibility for the development and execution of comprehensive long-range strategic and revenue generation and donor engagement plans. UWGC is looking for a CRDO who can challenge our thinking about revenue generation including bringing innovative ideas for creating corporate social responsibility partnerships, impact investing through a diversified portfolio of donor investment opportunities and re-imagining workplace giving campaigns.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Leadership Team. Evaluate and advise on the revenue generation needs of long-range strategic planning and introduction of new programs/initiatives/strategies. Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Identify, cultivate and generate revenue through diverse revenue streams including, but not limited to, corporate social responsibility opportunities, major and leadership gifts, planned/endowment giving, individual donor engagement, public and private grants, impact investment opportunities, affinity group engagement, corporate engagement and workplace giving opportunities to meet UWGC revenue generation goals.
- Partner with UWGC Board of Directors, Cabinet and other volunteers in maximizing impact of revenue generation and donor engagement efforts.
- Partner with United Way Foundation Board of Directors in setting mission and donor engagement strategy to meet Foundation objectives.
- Lead and develop team of directors, managers and individual contributors in the Resource Development organization including establishing revenue generation and donor engagement goals, providing performance feedback, recognizing and rewarding team accomplishments, supporting training, learning and/or other growth opportunities, and ensuring an inclusive pool of talent with adequate bench strength.
- Lead UWGC efforts to identify, collect and analyze data necessary to understand revenue generation opportunities and costs; be current in resource development trends and understand competitive landscape. Build reputation as a thought leader in revenue generation in the local community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Ten years of demonstrated progressive experience in non-profit or corporate revenue generation/fundraising/development.
- Strong relationship building and management experience.
- Strategic and results driven.
- Innovative thinker with a track record of translating strategic thinking into inclusive actions plans and results.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills; makes decisions based on accurate and timely data driven analysis.
- Presence and confidence to project credibility to the Board and other strategic stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with board members, major donors, corporate executives, and government and community agency leaders.
- Proven experience and ability to lead, direct, coach and mentor team in achieving organizational goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated relationship management/closing of large customer sales or major gifts.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Understands the role digital technology plays in acquiring, engaging and retaining donors, advocates and volunteers and creates incredible user experiences to positively impact fundraising results.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results -orientation.
The salary range is $140,000 – $160,000, plus a competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, April 7, 2021 via the link below: