Working at Girl Scouts is making a difference. We wake up every day knowing that our work is changing lives—giving girls and young women the tools to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership.
We’re the preeminent leadership organization for girls, with close to 2.7 million girl and adult members and 112 councils across the country. We’ve been inspiring girls to achieve their full potential since 1912.
At Girl Scouts, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and commitment—and most importantly, a life-changing career. We have an array of opportunities for professionals in fields ranging from accounting, research, and marketing, to information technology, advocacy, fund development, and beyond. Every role contributes to helping girls discover themselves, connect with others, and take action to make the world a better place.
The Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO) is responsible for ensuring the success of all fundraising, marketing, and communication efforts for Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. The CDMO is responsible for creating, leading, and implementing a multifaceted and integrated communications and outreach strategy targeted to external audiences, members, volunteers, funders, donors, board, and constituents to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The CDMO will lead a team of professionals responsible for fundraising, donor relations, communications, public relations, marketing, and social media functions for the organization. The CDMO is a member of the executive management team and helps guide the council’s direction and strategy with a focus on resource development.
Requirements for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred emphasis in fundraising, marketing, public relations, or business.
- Minimum seven years work experience demonstrating competency in direct fundraising, community relations, marketing/public relations, and solicitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising including donor cultivation and solicitation, planning, evaluation, and donor base management.
- Working knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with budget development and administration.
- Computer skills preferred include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and donor database.
- CFRE Preferred
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability for the individual employee
- 401(k) retirement program and optional Roth
- Flexible spending account and health reimbursement account
- Teleworking and flexible schedules available for many positions
- Casual dress code
- Paid vacation, sick days, and paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness available for those who qualify
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. GSWO is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Starting Salary $91,000, annually
Interested candidates please apply online https://gswo.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=143&source=aWQ9MTQ%3D