About IU Hillel: Indiana University Hillel is a non-profit, charitable organization that is the foundation of the campus Jewish community, providing the infrastructure for Jewish life on the IU campus. IU Hillel is one of the nation’s largest campus Hillel organizations and serves nearly 5,000 Jewish students and their families who come from Indiana and the nation. The Mission of IU Hillel is to help students at Indiana University find community, create Jewish connections and build leadership skills that will serve them for life. IU Hillel staff and volunteers foster a strong Jewish identity in order to enhance students’ commitment to Jewish life that will continue during and beyond their campus years.
Position Description: IU Hillel seeks a Capital Campaign Manager, a newly created, full-time position responsible for completing a $15 million capital campaign. This fundraising effort will support the construction of a new Hillel Center and raising new endowment funds for its future operations. The campaign is in the planning stages and has already received significant leadership gifts. While IU Hillel is based on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, we are open to employment of any candidates living in Indianapolis or nearby.
The primary responsibilities include: Implement and manage a $15 million capital campaign that supports construction, furnishings and endowment needs, taking the campaign through from quiet phase to public launch, through building grand opening and campaign completion. Work with volunteers and staff to identify, recruit and train campaign volunteers. Serve as primary staff to the Campaign Committee for all meetings, gift solicitations, events and other needs. Plan and execute regional and national educational/cultivation events, and manage volunteers for those events. The Capital Campaign IU Hillel envisions that the Capital Campaign Manager will commit to at least two to three years (through fundraising, construction and opening year) and consider staying in a continuing leadership management role following that period.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills, as demonstrated in past work and volunteer assignments:
- Because we support and foster the work of college students through their graduation at IU, a completed Bachelor’s degree is required
- Familiarity with nonprofit institutions, higher education fundraising and alumni/parent relations is required
- At least five years of professional experience in nonprofit fundraising is required
- Proven success at managing the work of volunteers in a fundraising campaign is required
- Demonstrated skills in planning and managing the details of meetings
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required; and we expect excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects.
- A degree from IU is preferred but it is not mandatory
- An appreciation and deep understanding of Jewish culture is preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrated work as a volunteer in fundraising is preferred but not mandatory
- We strongly prefer candidates with a track record of success and experience in capital campaigns, individual giving and/or major gifts, preferably in educational or youth service organizations;
- Knowledge of Indiana philanthropy and giving to Jewish organizations is preferred;
- Compensation is competitive and this position comes with competitive health benefits.
IU Hillel is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We anticipate filling this position by mid-2018. Resumes will be reviewed until such time as the Search Committee determines satisfactory finalists are found.
PLEASE CONTACT our Search Counsel by mail or email only:
Mark W. Rountree, VP and Partner
Ashley|Rountree and Associates
2525 Nelson Miller Parkway, Suite 106
Louisville, KY 40223