Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
The Capital Campaign Assistant provides critical, high-level administrative support to the Director of Campaign Operations and the Capital Campaign Manager. They will also provide event planning and execution support to the Development Events Manager for any events directly related to the capital campaign. The Capital Campaign Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. Evening and weekend hours are sometimes required.
Director of Campaign Operations
Administrative Support (60%)
- Assist the Director of Campaign Operations and the Capital Campaign Manager with administrative responsibilities that include:
- drafting correspondence;
- meeting scheduling and confirmation;
- meeting document preparation including agendas, lists and meeting minutes;
- assisting with prioritization and follow up of voicemails and emails;
- donor file updates and maintenance, both hard copy and electronic; and
- all other administrative responsibilities as assigned, to be executed at the highest level of quality and attention to detail.
- Enter Capital Campaign meetings, notes and contact reports into Tessitura. Ensure that all Capital Campaign data entry is completed in a timely manner and all acknowledgment letters are generated promptly.
- Maintain and update Capital Campaign project calendar; ensure deadlines are met for priority projects.
- Manage Capital Campaign stationary printing and updates as needed. Assist Director of Campaign Operations and Capital Campaign Manager with management of campaign collateral from inception to final print runs.
Event Assistance (30%)
- Supplement the sophisticated event management work managed by the Development Events Manager that includes but is not limited to:
- invitation mailing list and invitation design and production;
- RSVP tracking;
- vendor management logistics;
- drafting timelines and talking points;
- day-of event management; and
- post-event follow up as directed.
Prospect Research (10%)
- Supplement the prospect research work managed by the Director of Campaign Operations that includes but is not limited to:
- preparing prospect profiles to supplement the Solicitation Briefings written by the Director of Campaign Operations by using Wealth Engine and other databases;
- researching institutions as assigned by the Director of Campaign Operations, the Grants Manager and/or the Director of Institutional Giving to be discussed by Campaign leadership; and
- all other research projects as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills including careful attention to detail.
- Solid judgment and common sense.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with development software, database programs and/or Tessitura.
- Experience working on special events for non-profit organizations.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts is desireable.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for applications: June 21, 2019