Teach For America-Southwest Ohio (SWO) seeks an Associate, Grant Writer temp to play an integral role in the region’s fundraising efforts, supporting the smooth operations and flawless execution of our Foundation funding strategy in order to raise approximately $2.06 million in FY19. The Associate, Grant Writer is responsible for producing written grant proposals and reports for our Foundation funding portfolio. The manager will report to the Director of Development.
Founded in 2012, Teach For America – Southwest Ohio supports 50 corps members reaching over 2,500 low-income students in Cincinnati- and Dayton-area public schools. Additional, over 200 alumni are working from all sectors to end educational inequity in our community. Regional staff members work to train and support corps members, continually strengthen relationships with local schools and districts, foster the leadership of local alumni, and continue to grow the regional funding base and community partnerships to guarantee that Teach For America – Southwest Ohio can build a sustainable movement to reach the day when every child in the region has access to an excellent education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Grant Writing and Administration (100%)
- Develop strategic narratives for grant proposals, reports, donor corresponednce and required supplementary materials (e.g., informational one-pagers, financial addenda, etc.)
- Manage grants contracts for foundation partners to ensure compliance with grant terms (e.g., reporting requirements, donor recognition policies, etc.) and monitor progress towards grant goals in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Proofread and edit written communications for an external audience
- Minimum one to three years of work experience with proven record of achieving ambitious results
- Grant writing and/or business writing experience required
- Prior experience working in public education systems and/or education-focused organizations is highly preferred
Occasional evening or weekend work will be required
- Skilled in using logic and data to perform analyses
- Exceptional ability to build and execute a project plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Appetite for working through ambiguity and leading through change
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity
To be considered for this role, you must submit a resume and cover letter by 2/23 email@example.com.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.