For over half a century, Cincinnati Ballet has delighted audiences as the cornerstone professional ballet company of the region. Today, we have reached new heights of excellence: celebrating the 22nd season under renowned Artistic Director, Victoria Morgan; hailing the arrival of President and CEO Scott Altman, boasting record breaking audiences of 70,000 and an operating budget north of $10 million for the first time.
Cincinnati Ballet is seeking an Associate Director of Giving to join our growing organization at a critical time in our history.
Reports to: Director of Major Giving
Works in collaboration with the following departments: Development, Patron Engagement, Marketing & Communication, Academy, Production, Artistic, along with Executive Leadership and the Board of Trustees.
Fundraising and Growing Patron Loyalty
The Associate Director of Giving is an essential forward-facing member of the Cincinnati Ballet Development team. He/she is responsible for strengthening relationships with existing donors, engaging, identifying and cultivating a broad range of new prospects and playing a key role in building a robust portfolio of 200+ donors with annual gifts of $7,500 and under. Core to this role is to grow patron loyalty through promoting an understanding of the Ballet’s mission and driving engagement. Cincinnati Ballet views patron engagement holistically as the Development and Marketing Departments collaborate to steward patron participation up the loyalty pyramid.
This position requires exemplary communication skills, an exceptional level of attention to detail coupled with the ability to be adaptable, work independently and be a strong team collaborator.
Essential job functions:
- Manage and grow an existing blended portfolio of 200+ individual and corporate donors
- Identify, qualify, solicit, and grow individual and business partner prospect pool
- Design, maintain and implement a comprehensive moves management strategy for all donors in portfolio
- In partnership with our Stewardship Manager, coordinate, manage and execute all donor benefits and events for levels of annual giving under $7,500
- Track, evaluate, and report progress towards goals weekly/monthly
- Maintain accurate donor records
- Create compelling and highly personalized, general and/or program-specific proposals, donor communications and stewardship reports
- Inspire and support Board of Trustees and other volunteers to achieve fundraising goals by assisting with meeting preparation, creation of materials and ongoing communication
- Serve as a professional Cincinnati Ballet representative in all interactions with donors, patrons and community members, including but not limited to: productions, special and networking events and other professional appearances
Desired qualifications, traits and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years successful experience in fundraising
- Skilled relationship builder a must
- Innovative, forward-thinking professional with exceptional interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Proven ability to motivate, engage and work with donors and colleagues
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as general email and phone etiquette
- Experience with Tessitura database or a donor database preferred
- Passion for dance is a plus
- Knowledge of Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky a plus
Cincinnati Ballet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply and contact information: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.