Job ID: 5521 – Unclassified – FT (salary)
The Associate Director of Development for Intercollegiate Athletics will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts, both current and deferred, to the Intercollegiate Athletics program.
- Serve as one of the departmental liaisons for Intercollegiate Athletics at Miami University in addressing their objectives, including department oversight in the absence of the Senior Director of Development.
- Work directly with Senior Director of Development on all Major Gift strategies including (but not limited to): prospect lists for all staff, travel and planning as well as relationship management.
- In conjunction with Senior Director of Development, help create a culture of accountability in goal setting and tracking for activity and achievement in the major gift program.
- Manage a nationwide personal portfolio of major gift prospects (focusing on gift capacity of $100K+) to ensure that timely steps are taken toward identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Work independently and collaboratively on the development and implementation of a strategy for each prospect with other staff, faculty, administrators, coaches and alumni volunteers.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of prospects, alumni, and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Assist with annual fund (Red & White Club) operations to increase membership and revenues.
- Assist with the coordination of special events as appropriate.
- Assist in marketing and communication efforts of the athletic development office.
- Enhance communication with coaches and support staff of numerous sports by serving as the athletic development liaison.
- Engage young alumni and former student-athletes to participate in athletic events and development efforts.
- Prepare and present departmental and division proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of directors, staff, administrators, coaches and volunteers. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities, and insurance.
- Coordinate with university development professionals on donor strategies and development initiatives with the support of Advancement Services, Office of Development staff, faculty and administrators.
- Provide regular reports on progress and results of the prospect solicitation process, complete and file all contact reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Senior Director of Development and the Senior Vice President for University Advancement.
Bachelor’s degree; three to five years of fundraising or comparable experience; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered (internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards these requirements); requires regular attendance at evening and weekend events; experience in developing individual relationships and cultivation opportunities which have led to successful solicitations; outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level. Must be able to adhere to NCAA, conference, and institutional policies and procedures.
Advanced degree; intercollegiate athletics fundraising experience; experience working with a donor database system.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualÂreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.