Job Summary: Job ID: 495848 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
This position is responsible for writing gift agreements that document major gift commitments and gift acknowledgments that enhance the relationship between Miami University and its generous donors. The position collaborates with members of the Stewardship and Donor Relations teams as well as the Office of Development to draft, review, and proofread gift agreements, gift acknowledgments, and other donor correspondence. This position manages efficient and timely processes to ensure that gift commitments are documented and donors are thanked in a consistent and meaningful way. The position is an integral member of the Stewardship & Donor Relations team and reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
- Manage the gift agreement process, which includes drafting gift agreements, providing critical review, engaging with impacted parties to validate changes, highlighting issues for senior management, and bringing agreements to closure by working with all parties to obtain final signatures.
- Write major gift acknowledgment letters to the university’s top supporters on a daily basis on behalf of the President and the Senior Vice President for University Advancement.
- Track status of all gift agreements and acknowledgments, provide status reports as appropriate, and ensure gift agreements and acknowledgments are completed in a timely manner.
- Draft personal correspondence from the President to follow up with donors and alumni promptly after personal visits and events.
- Manage a comprehensive gift acknowledgment process, including communication to first-time donors, faculty/staff donors, and other important donor segments.
- Promote best practices and train development staff on gift agreement and acknowledgment processes.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Office of Stewardship and Donor Relations and University Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills; ability to synthesize information accurately and concisely.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience utilizing a constituent relationship management database.
- Experience in higher education fundraising.
- Experience ghostwriting for organizational leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines, and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize when working with completing deadlines and maintain excellent customer service.
- Collaborative style; ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to donors and Foundation and University business.
Submit cover letter and resume and list of three professional references to: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495848/associate-director-gift-agreements-acknowledgments
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.