The College of Health and Human Services at Northern Kentucky University is hiring an Assistant/Associate Director of Development to lead its advancement efforts. Join the Dean, Dr. Dale Stephenson, and the central advancement team to positively impact the students and programs of this exceptional college.
The successful candidate will work alongside faculty, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders in the fields of radiation, respiratory, occupational therapy, health, radiologic, and exercise science; along with nursing, nursing anesthesia, counseling, and social work. This college is housed in the university’s new $105 million Health Innovation Center (HIC) which serves as an anchor for transdisciplinary health education and inter-professional training.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Development is responsible for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for donors to the College of Health and Human Services at Northern Kentucky University. This position will have primary responsibilities for building, managing and providing strategic direction for a development program to fulfill the priorities of the college.
- Responsible for identifying, executing and providing strategic direction to fulfill the priorities of the College of Health and Human Services. Activities will include conducting high-level cultivation events, strategic and operational planning for the fundraising program, stewardship, volunteer engagement, and corresponding meetings and communications.
- Works closely with the Dean, faculty, volunteers and other staff to prioritize needs, define ‘case for support,’ and present fundraising priorities
- Identify, manage and personally solicit a portfolio of 75-100 donor prospects for gifts of $25k and above; conduct 15 personal visits with current donors and prospects monthly; collaborate with prospect researchers and appropriate faculty/staff to identify prospects.
- Write and deliver compelling proposals and local/private foundation grants demonstrating a case for support to inspire giving
- Advise the Dean on development activities, important events and programs to attend; be a highly informed advocate for the college inside and outside of campus.
- Assist and advise the Dean on cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Document and maintain quality records in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT).
- This portfolio of managed prospects will be created through engagement with alumni, community supporters, and companies.
- Develop an ongoing comprehensive strategy to raise a minimum of $500,000 for assigned unit annually while adhering to agreed performance metrics
- Coordinate appointments and materials used by senior staff, faculty, board members, and volunteers for meetings, visits, events, or phone calls. Work with shared administrative staff to ensure effective daily operations.
- As needed, provides training to staff within or outside of immediate department or division in regard to function
- Some travel and weekend/evening work required. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of professional experience preferably in development, equivalent skills considered
- Healthcare, sales, grant writing, and/or higher education experience a plus
- Strong written communication skills to prepare and edit effective correspondence, proposals, and persuasive solicitation materials for individuals and groups
- Organizational perspective, ability to work in a fast paced environment, comfortable with change and associated ambiguity are valued competencies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships to deliver measurable results
- High attention to detail, experience managing multi-phase projects from inception to completion while building consensus
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications is required and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- Ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions in order to maintain and strengthen high quality relationships with donors
- Exceptional ethics and integrity, ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Must have passion for philanthropy, higher education, NKU, and the community that it serves
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org