Job ID: 4974 – Unclassified – FT (Salary)
Job Description Summary:
The Assistant Vice President Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events is a senior level staff member who reports to the Senior Vice President for University Advancement. The AVP leads the division’s brand development, promotion, and measurement, and directs a university-wide strategy to unify, optimize, and enhance capital campaign marketing and communications initiatives across administrative and academic units, including the office of the President. The Assistant Vice President also serves as a member of the division leadership team, with responsibility for strategic planning and coordination with other University academic and administrative divisions.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team of University Advancement, providing strategic direction for the division and across academic and administrative units in support of Miami University strategic and capital campaign goals in an effort to enhance the national reputation and branding of Miami University Alumni Association and capital campaign.
- Provide leadership, planning, management, execution and evaluation of all aspects of marketing, data and analytics, communications and event strategies for the Division of University Advancement.
- Provide direction and project governance expertise to successfully manage all Advancement communications (print and online) encompassing the Miami University Alumni Association, Annual Fund, Development, Stewardship and Donor Relations, the Vice President’s staff, capital campaigns, athletic campaign events, presidential donor and alumni events, and cross-divisional projects. Work closely with the key staff in each of these areas to ensure effective and timely communications and the alignment of communications with Divisional goals.
- Partner with the Senior Vice President for University Advancement on major projects and initiatives in support of departmental objectives and university department, college and overall goals in capital campaign marketing, communications, analytics and events.
- Directly supervise, manage, motivate and grow team of 13 professionals in the areas of print and online communications, brand marketing strategy, events, and information systems and analytics for University Advancement. Manage staff productivity through goal setting, prioritizing, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Utilize findings, study national trends and adapt best practices to assist in the development of programs and messaging to cultivate life-long relationships between Miami and her alumni.
- Encourage and promote collaboration, visibility and involvement of advancement marketing, event and analytics team members with their counterparts across campus.
- Oversee Division’s web presence, including the MUAA and development websites, as well as all related web activity, broadcast emails and social media.
- Represent the division on campus wide communications committees.
- Supervise relationships with external vendors and agencies, including advertising agency, print and production vendors.
- Manage and track a sizeable budget, efficiently maximize resources
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 8 years of experience in strategic and management role in communications, marketing or related field within a complex decentralized organization; at least 3 years of experience in a direct management/supervisory role.
- Must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to problem solve and deal diplomatically with challenging issues, situations and people; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously manage a large variety of tasks, set priorities and manage the involvement of other staff.
- A commitment to strong customer service is essential. Able to deal with the pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness to work extra hours to meet occasional high-priority deadlines.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed and to perform other duties as assigned.
Advanced degree; experience working in higher education or other nonprofit.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html.
Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.