Job Summary: Job ID: 5273 – Unclassified – FT (Salary)
The Assistant Director of Scholarship Management is responsible for the strategic management of scholarships awarded by Miami University through the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- Responsible for all aspects of stewardship for all donor scholarships at Miami University, including corresponding with scholarship donors for a variety of reasons including informing them of recipients, resolving criteria problems, answering questions about the awarding process, etc.
- Corresponds with development officers and divisional deans, chairs etc. on any questions related to scholarships.
- Serves as liaison to the internal and external University partners, resolving various scholarship issues such as difficult-to-award criteria. This includes communicating with University Advancement development officers regarding these or other awarding issues.
- Works with the Director of Compliance and Gift Processing to ensure that the Office of Student Financial Assistance awards scholarships appropriately according to the specific criteria determined by the donor.
- Ensure that all new scholarships have a biographical sketch of the donor/honoree available in the master file. Ensure that all new scholarship master files are correct and complete.
- Assist in the development of gift agreements for new scholarship gifts.
- Facilitation of stewardship events involving donors
- Assist Director of Compliance and Gift Processing on a variety of other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Banner computer systems
- Experience working in higher education
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed toADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.