The Assistant Director of Development, College-Conservatory of Music, is an exempt (salaried) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Senior Director of Development, College-Conservatory of Music.
The Assistant Director of Development raises funds for the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) and is responsible for planning, implementing and managing annual and special fundraising programs including individual gifts, sponsorships, and phone and direct mail campaigns. The Assistant Director of Development is also responsible for managing the work of CCMPower, the college’s volunteer fundraising board, and plans and executes events for alumni, prospects and patrons of the college. This position will spend approximately 70% of time on fundraising and 30% of time on event planning and board management/oversight.
- Qualify, build and manage a portfolio of assigned donors and prospects; devise and execute strategies for the successful solicitation and closure of a significant volume of leadership annual and special gifts ($1,000-$25,000), as well as event sponsorships, each year.
- Conduct qualification, cultivation and solicitation visits, partnering with UCF colleagues in National Development, Foundation Relations, and Gift Planning as needed.
- Manage CCM’s annual telefund, direct mail, and faculty/staff campaigns in collaboration with the UCF Annual Fund, and oversee other special campaigns as assigned.
- Manage activities of the CCMPower volunteer board including soliciting annual gifts from board members, facilitating peer-to-peer solicitations, executing the annual patron mailing campaign, and organizing meetings of the board and its committees.
- Plan and execute key CCM alumni, development and patron events in full coordination with the UC Foundation and the UC Alumni Association.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts in collaboration with the relevant team members in donor relations at the UC Foundation.
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports.
- Participate fully in UCF prospect and clearance process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of applicable experience.
- Experience in higher education and/or the arts preferred. Background may include development, sales, or planning, implementing and managing alumni/constituent affairs, special events and/or volunteer management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; willingness and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to develop a rapport with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- High degree of initiative, energy and accountability; strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and to attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati.
Interested candidates apply online by CLICKING HERE.