Job Summary: Job ID: 496279 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
The Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal engagement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing philanthropic and volunteer support for the university’s Annual Fund through mass marketing channels.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati, coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Perform daily development office operations, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- In coordination with AVP of Annual Giving, manage Miami’s omni-channel giving strategy, including collaborating on scheduling and segmentation of annual appeals. Track and analyze results, providing regular updates to the AVP and others.
- Play an integral part in the planning, strategy and execution of Miami’s signature one-day online giving campaign, #MoveInMiami.
- Using digital strategies; identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward selected alumni as donors, advocates and volunteers for Miami. Identify alumni influencers for the university in the digital and social media realms. Actively seek ways to best utilize technology in annual giving. Maintain comprehensive information in database about engagement efforts and personal interactions.
- Research, gather, and analyze data that will help increase annual revenues.
- Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving office and other areas critical to the overall success of the Development office.
- Serve as liaison to select university divisions and student groups, assisting them with fundraising for specific priorities.
- Participate in planning meetings, accepting special assignments, assisting colleagues and providing support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum of one year of professional experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements). Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills.
Desired Qualifications: Master’s Degree. Previous advancement, annual giving, or marketing experience.
Submit cover letter, resume and list of three references to: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496279/asst-dir-of-dev-annual-giving
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.