Job ID: 5801 Unclassified – FT (Salary)
The Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal engagement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing philanthropic and volunteer support for the university’s Annual Fund through digital channels.
- Perform daily development office operations, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- Using digital strategies: identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward selected alumni as donors, advocates and volunteers for Miami. Identify alumni influencers for the university in the digital and social media realms. Actively seek ways to best utilize technology in annual giving. Maintain comprehensive information in database about engagement efforts and personal interactions.
- In coordination with AVP of Annual Giving, manage Miami’s online giving strategy, including collaborating on scheduling and segmentation of annual appeals. Track and analyze results, providing regular updates to the AVP and others.
- Play an integral part in the planning, strategy and execution of Miami’s signature one-day online giving campaign, #MoveInMiami.
- Research, gather, and analyze data that will help increase annual revenues.
- Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving office and other areas critical to the overall success of the Development office.
- Serve as liaison to select university divisions and student groups, assisting them with fundraising for specific priorities.
- Participate in planning meetings, accepting special assignments, assisting colleagues and providing support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum 1-3 years or professional experience, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards these requirements). Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills.
Master’s Degree. Previous advancement, annual giving, or marketing experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed toADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.
To apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=5801&job=asst-dir-of-dev-annual-giving