The Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Discovery will work with the Director of Prospect Management, Research, and Discovery to design, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive prospect management and discovery program for Xavier University.
- Prospect Discovery: Identify new prospects by keeping abreast of the current news and industry trends within assigned geographical regions. Develop new techniques for prospect identification through new industry technologies, electronic databases, internal colleagues, and external relationships.
- Prospect Management: Assists in the development and implementation and leads a successful and integrated prospect research and prospect management CRM system that supports annual giving, and major and planned gifts fundraising at the University.
- Provides support to gift officers and continually improves the prospect management system (including individual portfolio reports) that helps to move prospects through the donor cycle: Discovery, Qualification, Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship.
- Proactive Research: Identify new fund raising prospects by keeping abreast of the current news and industry trends within assigned geographical regions. Develop new techniques for prospect identification through electronic databases, internal colleagues, and external relationships.
- Miscellaneous: Keep abreast of development in prospect research by attending training sessions and communicating with other researchers by means of vendor training, national and state professional organizational memberships, conferences, and electronic mailing lists focusing on prospect research and fund raising issues. Attending to special projects as assigned.
Additional Skills for a Successful Candidate are:
- Analytical: Assists fundraising teams with strategy and provides research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources. Analyzes accumulated information to compose reports for the President, Vice President, and Regional Directors. Utilizes data mining skills to identify new prospects, rate, and qualify existing donors.
- Project/Process Management: Leverages project management best practices to gather requirements, prioritize, and analyze various constituent pools. Expedites research reports by anticipating research requests.
- Technical: Creates research reports and biographies based on internet sources, complex data bases, and in-house resources. Leverages Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services, and CRM systems to uncover new discovery prospects.
- Administrative: Composes, edits, and proofreads reports and projects; maintains and organizes Prospect Research files and updates CRM records.
- Communication: Thoroughly researches and completes reports and biographies for the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, and Regional Directors. Presents analytical prospect research analysis that is easily consumed and tailored for different audiences.
Xavier University is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier