Job ID:6794 Unclassified FT (Salary)
Reporting to the Director of Development for Central Programs, the Assistant Director of Development, Central Programs will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of current and past parents, alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing major gift support to benefit central programs, such as the Division of Student Life, University Libraries, Graduate School and the Miami Family Fund.
The Assistant Director of Development, Central Programs will:
- Serve as one of the departmental liaisons for the Division of Student Life, University Libraries, Graduate School and other campus partners in addressing their philanthropic and engagement objectives.
- Solicit and close major gifts.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni, parents and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni, parents and friends through personal visits, campus visits and events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni, parents and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators, deans and vice presidents. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Director of Development for Central Programs and the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
- Fundraising experience in an education setting
- Bachelor degree required and one to three years of relevant experience such as fundraising or sales; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level
For a more comprehensive list of job duties and responsibilities and to apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6794&job=assistant-director-for-development-central-programs
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.