Job Summary: Job ID: 6354 – FT – Unclassified (salary)
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Alumni Chapters, will work within a collaborative office environment and share responsibilities for planning and implementing alumni engagement initiatives designed to foster lifelong connections between alumni and the university, with particular responsibilities for Miami’s geographic chapters.
This position reports to the Director of Alumni Communities and will work with the alumni chapters team to frame the alumni experience in Miami’s geographic chapters and establish annual program priorities. The major components of this position are to manage select alumni chapters on a day-to-day basis; provide support and guidance to a portfolio of assigned alumni chapters and chapter leadership boards.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and innovative, will have excellent communication skills and will be able to handle multiple projects. She or he will have many opportunities to collaborate with talented people and build relationships both across campus and within the division of University Advancement and will have the ability to work with varied personalities and work styles.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in a non-profit or higher education setting. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards this requirement.
- Organized and task-oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while remaining calm, focused and productive during extremely busy periods of time.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various constituency groups, volunteers, and campus partners.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and social media skills. Will have an eye on the current digital environment and an interest in or experience with social media marketing trends.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed toADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/ Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.