Xavier University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Annual Giving Officer within the Division of University Relations. The Annual Giving Officer will help to advance the mission of Xavier University by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding contributors to Xavier’s Annual Fund in an effort to promote an active and engaged donor population while working to raise funds to meet the annual giving goal. This position is primarily responsible for building relationships with donors across constituencies with an eye towards increasing support at leadership giving levels of $1,000+ by engaging and building relationships with individuals who have indicated inclination through prior university giving or university engagement. This individual will work closely with the current Annual Giving Officer and the Director for Alumni Engagement, as well as Prospect Research and Discovery to support the qualification and identification of new prospects and stewardship of current donors. Some travel and night/weekend flexibility may be required as a primary responsibility for this position is to attend university hosted events and conduct personal visits with donors and prospects.
The Annual Giving Officer’s principal responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a prospect portfolio.
- Successfully achieve 150-200 significant contacts per year through personal visits, University events, and correspondence.
- Promote donor events to engage assigned prospects.
- Attend select on and off campus events.
- Develop strategies to identify and prioritize prospects.
- Work with manager of Prospect Research and Discovery to strategically segment priority prospects.
- Partner with current Annual Giving officer to assist in retention and acquisition strategies for The 1831 Society.
- Use development databases and reports to analyze and manipulate data.
- Collaborate with the Director for Alumni Engagement to fully leverage alumni events to engage key alumni prospects and to build and expand fundraising opportunities within the alumni chapters.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Essential Qualifications: This position requires an ability to thrive in a goal oriented, sales environment and develop and cultivate strong relationships with university constituents. This person must possess the ability to think strategically and to foster a collaborative team environment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the energy and self-confidence to identify and initiate new strategies to grow Xavier’s Annual Fund.
Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree, 2-5 years professional experience, preferably in higher education.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website at https://www.xavier.edu/working-at-xavier/ by June 4, 2018.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER