The Summit Country Day School is a nationally recognized leader in character education and offers a compelling combination of small classes, caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritual values. For more than a century, The Summit has maintained a proud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholic education. We offer coeducational learning experience to students from Montessori 18 months through grade 12. The Summit is a place where values are affirmed, young minds are enriched, and dreams take flight. Learn more at www.summitcds.org.
The Annual Fund Engagement Officer is a member of the development office who will report to the Development Director and work with the Advancement/Development team and greater community to meet fundraising goals. The Annual Fund Engagement Officer is responsible for the execution of the fundraising campaign for the Annual Fund. Primary responsibilities include the effective coordination, analysis and evaluation of all components of fundraising including the broad-based outreach through community volunteers.
- Work with the Development Director to create and implement a comprehensive data and volunteer driven Annual Fund Campaign plan designed to establish a Culture of Philanthropy, achieve our ambitious goals, improve donor retention rates, upgrade existing donors and acquire new donors.
- Oversee the Annual Fund volunteer efforts with primary focus on establishing and coordinating the successful operation of the Parents Advancement Network.
- Work closely with the Alumni Engagement and Gifts Officer on their Annual Fund and volunteer efforts.
- Coordinate with Communications Department in developing appeals, publications, videos, and social media related to the Annual Fund and with an emphasis on building a Culture of Philanthropy through leadership, volunteers and engagement structure and improving the community’s understanding of the importance of annual giving.
- Coordinate and provide support for the multi-step process of Vision Sharing, Education, Engagement and Solicitation.
- Integrate Annual Fund campaign with Advancement Services.
- Develop and implement a coordinated calendar and identify key dates throughout the year that affect volunteer leadership, Culture of Philanthropy, annual giving, setting milestones for mailings, solicitations, promotional videos, social media communications, etc.
- Manage the monthly renewal process for ‘due to renew’ and lapsed donors, including our direct mail program.
- Support other Gift Officers with their annual fund strategies and solicitations.
- Compose and customize donor appeals that highlight key aspects of a constituent’s connection to The Summit.
- Manage outcomes to assure we are meeting Annual Fund engagement goals.
- Work with social media platform software and NXT to coordinate volunteer efforts.
- Campaign, Annual Fund and volunteer event planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in a development setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and have experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Annual fund, volunteer management, direct marketing and event planning experience.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate superior interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships and multiple tasks with ease and be energetic, intellectually curious and a good listener
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and creating a donor and volunteer friendly environment.
- Must possess superior organizational skills as well as an acumen for numbers. Should be equally capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com