The Summit Country Day School is a nationally recognized leader in character education and offers a compelling combination of small classes, caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritual values. For more than a century, The Summit has maintained a proud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholic education. We offer coeducational learning experience to students from Montessori 18 months through grade 12. The Summit is a place where values are affirmed, young minds are enriched, and dreams take flight. Learn more at www.summitcds.org.
We are seeking an Alumni Engagement and Gifts Officer to work in our school’s Development office. The Alumni Engagement and Gifts Officer will be responsible for the achievement of established, benchmarked and objective measurements/ROI of budgeted alumni goals and working collaboratively with the Development Director, Senior Development Officer and Advancement Services Managers.
The Alumni Engagement and Gifts Officer will focus on building alumni involvement and investments through strong communication, personal interaction, and the organization and staffing of volunteer structures, chapters, clubs, reunions, affinity gatherings, awards, and market focused programs. Utilize quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research combined with predictive modeling to provide insights into the alumni population.
- The Alumni Engagement and Gifts Officer will focus on building alumni involvement and investments through strong communication, personal interaction, and the organization and staffing of volunteer structures, chapters, clubs, reunions, affinity gatherings, awards, and market focused programs.
- Interpret data to connect with, communicate to, raise funds from, and otherwise more fully engage alumni by specific segments.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni, parents/grandparents of alumni and current students in support of the Summit through direct mail solicitations, e-mail solicitations, social media, telephone contact, and personal visits to achieve annual goals.
- Develop new segmentation strategies to increase donor count and dollars raised. Evaluate the outcome of all solicitations with data from previous years and make necessary adjustments for future projects.
- Coordinate with the President of the Alumni Board to plan agendas for the board meetings; committee meetings and provide follow-up.
- Coordinate with the Development Director on programming for the Student Philanthropy Club to enhance student philanthropy education and student fundraising efforts with special focus given to the senior class gift.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a related field.
- Prefer Three (3) to seven (7) years successful experience in development/advancement preferably in an educational setting.
- Experience working with an integrated database like Raisers Edge, Wealth Engine or other CRM.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and alumni engagement.
- Understanding of Institutional Advancement work, including alumni/volunteer management, fund raising and campaign strategies.
- Skilled in annual unrestricted and restricted giving.
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.