The Alumni & Development Director is responsible for fundraising & stewardship of YMCA Camp Ernst’s growing philanthropic programs through expanded alumni engagement, donor cultivation, annual and capital gifts, & events. Will work closely with the Executive Director to meet ambitious goals to raise funds to support camp projects, as well as to grow community relationships, board development, alumni development & marketing. We are looking for an outstanding, values-driven individual with excellent interpersonal & communication skills, and a passion for camp & youth development. Proven processional experience with fundraising, donor cultivation, stewardship, volunteerism & database management are essential! The perfect candidate will have a heart for inclusion, a positive attitude, a desire to serve, & an appreciation of the benefits of a quality camp experience.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships for all philanthropic aspects of Camp Ernst.
- Raise double your annual salary of new Annual Campaign donations in first year; 4x your annual salary in year 2.
- Maintain aggressive and continued growth until a minimum of 12% of branch revenue is from annual support and then maintain.
- Develop and oversee external communications and outreach strategy in collaboration with association communications/marketing department guidelines. Act as a spokesperson telling our story to the community through positive media relations and professional public image.
- Under the guidelines of the association marketing department, develop and oversee implementation of branch strategic marketing plan including, but not limited to, marketing materials, advertisements, write and distribute press releases and media announcements, and quarterly newsletter.
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver presentations at various community and civic events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and association Major Gifts staff to identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward potential major and planned gift prospects, and endowment opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential and active volunteers for fundraising and board development.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the community with political leaders, business and civic leaders in order to solicit their interest and support.
- Maintain relationship with YMCA of Greater Cincinnati branches to promote camp programs.
- Work with association office to organize and conduct all annual giving, capital and endowment efforts. Ensure all Camp Ernst events deliver maximum impact and achieve impact goals, for both attendance and financial benchmarks.
- Responsible for creating a relationship with Camp’s Board of Directors to keep them informed and connected.
- Continuously grow and cultivate Camp Ernst alumni, campers and camp family networks for potential donors, volunteers, future and continued participants, and advocates for Camp programs.
- Promote the YMCA mission, vision and character development program.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College degree required or equivalent experience in area of philanthropy.
- Proven ability to recognize and communicate, verbally and written, with sensitivity to influence others.
- Demonstrated success in community and volunteer relationships.
- Demonstrates understanding of YMCA values.
- Proven ability to organize and develop marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Five years of experience volunteer service, marketing, fundraising or related occupation.
- Knowledge of latest marketing and communications technologies, including standard office software, web-based applications, and social media.
Interested candidates please apply online https://goo.gl/b4dAcM