Job title: Advancement Services Manager
Organization: The Summit Country Day School
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Advancement Services Manager is an integral part of the fund-raising team and reports to the Development Director. The selected individual will be a subject matter expert in Raiser’s Edge and will be responsible for the management of the donor data systems. This position will foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to the Development Department and the school as a whole.
- Administer the Raiser’s Edge Database, including:
- Oversee overall management of software including data entry, data output and training while maximizing the use of the software.
- Develop procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database information.
- Establish and oversee all gift processing functions and procedures including timely entry of donations, review of gift documentation and issuance of thank you letters/tax receipts according to CASE and IRS standards.
- Interface with business office regarding gift entry, gift posting, campaign/fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting.
- Utilizing information technology systems, methods, and vendors to plan, implement and coordinate a data integrity program that will focus on maintaining accurate constituency data records.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals, and procedures.
- Assist with campaign coordination:
- Maintain campaign tracker for reporting to administration, co-chairs and Board of Trustees.
- Support comprehensive campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Research donor prospect lists.
- Assist with campaign events.
- Provide services support for comprehensive campaign including tracking, next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
- Search for lost alumni and potential prospects. Investigate financial/biographical status of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions and office management experience.
- Excellent skills with Raiser’s Edge database program required, preferably including work at the strategic systems level.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices.
- Support and understand the development process: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
Salary starting at $45,000, but can be adjusted based on experience.
Interested candidates please email email@example.com