The Summit Country Day School is a nationally recognized leader in character education and offers a compelling combination of small classes, caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritual values. For more than a century, The Summit has maintained a proud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholic education. We offer coeducational learning experience to students from Montessori 18 months through grade 12. The Summit is a place where values are affirmed, young minds are enriched, and dreams take flight. Learn more at www.summitcds.org.
The Advancement Services Database Administrator is an integral part of the fund-raising team and reports to the Development Director. The selected individual will be a subject matter expert in Raiser’s Edge and will be responsible for the management of the donor data systems. This position provides data management and analytics to the Development office, and also serves as a resource for other departments who utilize this database.
- Administer the Raiser’s Edge Database, including:
- Oversee overall management of software including data entry, data output and training while maximizing the use of the software.
- Develop procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database information.
- Establish and oversee all gift processing functions and procedures including timely entry of donations, review of gift documentation and issuance of thank you letters/tax receipts according to CASE and IRS standards.
- Interface with business office regarding gift entry, gift posting, campaign/fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting.
- Maintain accurate donor files while continuously improving the quality of all donor data.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Assist with campaign coordination:
- Maintain campaign tracker for reporting to administration, co-chairs and Board of Trustees.
- Support comprehensive campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Attend committee meetings
- Research donor prospect lists.
- Assist with campaign events.
- Provide services support for comprehensive campaign including tracking, next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
- Search for lost alumni and potential prospects. Investigate financial/biographical status of individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions and office management experience.
- Excellent skills with Raiser’s Edge database program required, preferably including work at the strategic systems level.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices.
- Support and understand the development process: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.