ProKids is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to serve on the Community Development team.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org via email by July 19, 2019. Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
POSITION FOCUS: Provides administrative support to ProKids office staff and and volunteers. Creates an aesthetically pleasing and supportive environment to help maximize outcomes for children and cultivation of volunteers and donors.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Basic office management and administration duties required. Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. Knowledge of child welfare issues, nonprofit, fundraising and volunteer management preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will operate a PC; required to talk and hear in large crowds or busy environments; regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms; will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
SUPERVISED BY: Events & Creative Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Delegation of responsibilities to volunteer(s) as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
- Responsible for coverage of all receptionist duties between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., including, but not limited to:
- Answering, transferring, and relaying of all phone calls.
- Receiving and directing all visitors.
- Processing and distribution of all mail.
- Delegating and/or securing coverage when not available.
- Maintaining the appearance and usefulness of all common areas.
- Maintain the office calendar and room reservations.
- Provides administrative support to ProKids office staff and volunteers.
- Attend & provide support with all development activities and events.
- Responsible for planning/organizing monthly staff meetings.
- Responsible for the distribution of monthly CASA Update and Insider Update.
- Responsible for “This Week at ProKids.”
- Responsible for printing, packaging and distribution of all Perfect Gift sales.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of general office forms and files.
- Ensure the effective representation of ProKids to external organizations and individuals.
- Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates and communicates on-going status of volunteers.
- Assists with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives, including, but not limited to:
- Recommendation for program changes and improvements.
- Providing raw data.
- Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
- Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
- Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PROGRAM: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
TEAM RESPONSIBILITY: Development and implementation of Benevon methods and fundraising plans and activities to reach budget objectives. Provides a variety of opportunities to learn about the children ProKids serves and the outcome of the services provided by ProKids. Informs the Community about various ways to become involved with ProKids. Monitors the entire experience of the Committed Community with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement through cultivation activities and events.