Xavier University, a Jesuit, Catholic University in Cincinnati, Ohio invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the Office of Donor Relations. We are looking for a mission driven individual that excels working in a team environment.
The primary responsibility is to provide administrative support for the area of donor relations and internal operations while working in a collaborative atmosphere with the development office. This position will report directly to the Director for Donor Relations and will work closely to establish and strengthen long-term relationships with donors.
- Office management including generating reports using various systems. Draft internal and external communication. Serve as a liaison with various university offices. Coordinate print orders and mailings. Answer and determine priority of telephone calls and emails and listen to and anticipate donor’s needs, provide clear explanations and a timely response.
- Manage the gift acknowledgment and receipting process for annual fund, capital, memorial and honorary gifts. Assist the director in all phases of writing and editing customized gift acknowledgements.
- Assist in preparation of donor gifts before processing verifying constituent bio/demo information, gift designation, and credit.
- Make changes to Banner and/or Sugar databases when new donor bio/demo information is received.
- Assist in annual endowment and impact reports and mailing.
- Manage monthly new donor mailings and calendar year-end reporting to donors.
- Manage the annual student/donor thank-you program including communication with students, record keeping, communication with donors, and recording communication into Sugar CRM.
- Maintain and monitor department budgets for Donor Relations in conjunction with the Director. Initiate and process paperwork to grant access and signing privileges on departmental budgets. Coordinate and process all financial requests including purchasing, accounts payable and credit card reconciliation for Office of Donor Relations.
- Assist in coordination of Donor Relation events collaborating with university staff. Coordinate print orders for invitations and related event materials with University Relations Communication Coordinator. Create and maintain event in event management system including RSVPs and post event follow-up. Prepare name tags and event materials in advance of the event. Assist at event with the Director for Donor Relations (may include an occasional evening or weekend).
- Assist in maintaining gift designations and their corresponding attributes in order to produce accurate gift reporting to University departments and offices on a regular basis.
- Assist director with reporting to University departments and offices regarding gifts received, acknowledgment updates, and gift fund usage per donor intent.
- Other duties will be required including cataloging university named spaces, maintain accurate naming policies, assist in maintaining campaign timeline and tasks, managing new projects after Director has implemented proven successful donor campaigns, and other special projects as they arise.
The Administrative Assistant II for Donor Relations will be an experienced professional who understands the nature and purpose of higher education and who has: strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; proven self-starter and able to independently maintain projects and their timelines; proven ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, senior management, alumni and donors in a team-oriented environment; a high degree of detail orientation and the ability to use technology to gather and organize data; strong writing and editing skills.
3-5 years, preferably in higher education or other non-profit environments
High school degree or equivalent
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website no later than March 26, 2020.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Interested candidates please apply online: https://jobs.silkroad.com/(X(1)S(r3qzo4ixacn4zni1xrzckpaw))/Xavier/apply/jobs/2026