ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector-from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $175 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
The Vice President (VP), Client Services is responsible for overseeing fundraising campaigns, strategy and planning engagements for a portfolio of leading non-profits in the Cincinnati region. The VP, Client Services reports to the President of Ignite’s Non-Profit Services Division and works collaboratively with two Vice Presidents in the division to lead the Non-Profit Services team.
As a client leader, the VP, Client Services will have significant experience and expertise in non-profit fundraising and management and will be regarded by industry professionals as a thought leader and seasoned expert. They will be adept in providing the highest quality strategic counsel to clients and community leaders in order to deliver fundraising and staff assessments, campaign planning, campaign management, campaign messaging and communications, annual fundraising, donor data analysis, and fundraising strategy services.
Specific areas of oversight and responsibilities include:
The VP, Client Services leads a portfolio of fundraising and strategy projects for the Non-Profit Services Division. In this capacity, the VP, Client Services serves as a dedicated project leader who will successfully lead projects from inception to conclusion, providing strategic direction and leadership. They will have the following responsibilities:
Directs and manages members of the Non-Profit Services project team assigned to respective projects, to ensure all project deliverables are performed at a high quality, on-time and exceed the expectations of the client
- Serves as a strategic advisor to the client by providing strategic direction for projects
- Leads client meetings as well as helps facilitate cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors as needed to support the client or execute the project strategy
- Collaborates with CEO and Vice Presidents to develop and adapt processes, procedures and staffing structures for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Performs necessary project work and duties to meet the needs of the client
The VP, Client Services participates in the business development efforts for the Non-Profit Services Division and will perform the following duties:
- Advises the CEO in the establishment of business development goals for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Develops business development strategies and tactics to achieve revenue targets
- Directs the participation of the CEO and the Vice Presidents, as well as staff members, in the execution of the business development strategy
- Coordinates with Business Associate to manage sales pipeline documents, preparation of proposals and client contracts
Company Culture & Leadership
- Participates in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Contributes to ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization
- Fosters interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and Philanthropic Services divisions to create better synergies
- Serves as an authentic voice and perspective to help advance Ignite’s external relations efforts
- Supports hiring needs for the organization
- 10+ years of non-profit fundraising experience or proven related experience, with progressive increase in responsibility and leadership
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional teams to successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Keen business intuition, results-driven, with ability to be adaptive and open-minded to new ideas
- Exceptional critical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to balance demands of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills and professional presence
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Greater Cincinnati region, community leaders and stakeholders preferred
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Vice President, Non-Profit Services