The Trainer for Fundraising Applications is an exempt (salaried) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Director, Fundraising Applications. This position serves as a functional expert for our fundraising application, Blackbaud CRM, and is the coordinator of day-to-day operations related to group training and course development, as well as one-on-one training for user support. Additionally, the position provides a link between IT and the functional teams by aiding our internal customers in finding ways to enhance their user experience and providing training on core Microsoft Products.
- Conduct Blackbaud training classes for all new hires.
- Provide software training Blackbaud and other software programs (Microsoft Office products) as well as customized training for individuals as instructed by department supervisors.
- Assist in developing class outlines and instructional materials used in training classes.
- Maintain and update all educational materials, including the video training library and software resources in the Foundation’s intranet platform.
- Train Foundation staff to use various technologies (outside of Blackbaud) that complement their efforts for the research and discovery of new prospects.
- Train general staff to use desktop programs such as Microsoft Office and other office software.
- Organize and promote courses.
- Make use of new technology such as distance learning or video conferencing.
- Develop and assess course delivery through customer satisfaction surveys.
- Analyst Support
- Research and resolve employee questions related to software applications and systems in a timely manner.
- Act as the training liaison between Blackbaud and the UC Foundation for emerging training content.
- Assist in the planning, customization and implementation of new software and software upgrades. This includes testing new software and making recommendations to ensure compatibility with current systems, working with affected functional teams to resolve implementation concerns, and coordinating rollout with Director of Fundraising Applications.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising Applications and functional teams to build out use cases for new product development.
- Act as the liaison to build out functional requirements for system enhancements and/or new product rollouts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience. Must have 2 or more years of experience in a training capacity and systems delivery
- Experience supporting Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge training is strongly preferred
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office training
- Background in Fundraising strongly preferred
- Knowledge of industry best practices and data governance in the field of Advancement Services and philanthropy is strongly preferred
- Strong functional knowledge of the technologies driving enterprise fundraising software transformation
- Fearlessness to question everything in the pursuit to find a better way; willingness to question assumptions defining current business practices
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management skills, and effective communication and documentation skills
- Must possess strong technical writing skills
- Must possess strong Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
Interested Candidates, click here