The Senior Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing and managing fundraising initiatives for the Carl H. Lindner College of Business, with primary responsibility for major gift fundraising.
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice President for Development in the preparation of an annual plan and the setting of all goals
- Work closely with the Dean of the Carl H. Lindner College of Business, and other college faculty and personnel on prioritizing all college fundraising initiatives and activities
- Cultivate and solicit major and special gifts
- Oversee collaborative work of college development staff and faculty with the UCF Annual Giving Office in preparing materials for the annual fund
- Cultivate and solicit major and special gifts by making cultivation and solicitation visits to alumni, friends and businesses within and outside the Cincinnati region in conjunction with the UCF development program
- Coordinate with other UCF fundraising endeavors and work collaboratively across colleges and units to support University-wide priorities and interdisciplinary initiatives, as needed
- Work with UCF fundraising specialists (gift planning, corporate and foundation relations, and regional programs) for the benefit of the college and the University
- Assist school officers, the Dean, and donors to develop gift agreements that reflect the intentions of the donor and advance the mission of the Carl H. Lindner College of Business
- Manage and evaluate development staff assigned to the Carl H. Lindner College of Business and assure professional development experiences and opportunities to enable staff to enhance their skills
- Engage the support and partnership of academic community members in Business and facilitate their understanding of the development process
- Recruit and involve volunteers for college fundraising activities; coordinate with the Dean the engagement and activities of the Business Advisory Council, Campaign Leadership Committee, the Alumni Board of Governors, and other volunteer groups which support the College
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Carl H. Lindner College of Business faculty and staff
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports
- Participate fully in the UCF prospect and clearance process
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of progressively responsible major gift fundraising experience or advanced degree with 5-7 years of experience.
- Record of successful major gift solicitation and closure ($100K level and above).
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring team members.
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- Willingness to travel, and attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati.
Interested candidates please apply online https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f872905d-03e0-43e2-af9b-a688c9798169&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=286528&source=CC2&lang=en_US