Area: Regular Part Time (20 Hours) (salary)
Supervisor: Executive Minister
Whitewater Crossing Christian Church exists to help people find hope in Jesus and a home in His local church. The Development Director is responsible for the overall leadership and coordination of stewardship development activities in the church, leading and supporting all activities in the accomplishment of the church’s stewardship strategy. This includes establishment and championing of an annual Stewardship Plan that details stewardship teaching methods, timing, and themes; special offering projects, timing, and promotions; planning and execution of periodic capital fundraising campaigns; and establishment and execution of donor recognition and development processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead staff and volunteers in the establishment, implementation, and ongoing direction of programs that effectively accomplish the church’s overall stewardship strategy
- As part of the church’s annual Strategic Planning Process, develop and document an annual Stewardship Plan and champion its execution throughout the year.
- Serve as a member of the Creative Planning Team at various times of the year as dictated by the stewardship teaching and special offering schedules, participating in idea generation sessions and other activities related to service design.
- Support the Senior Minister and teaching team in developing teaching illustrations and other materials needed to conduct periodic stewardship teaching series as part of the church’s overall sermon/event calendar.
- Facilitate annual “tithing challenges” and other similar methods employed by the church to help people learn about and practice generosity and biblical stewardship in their lives as Christ followers.
- Organize and lead a number of special offerings during the year, identifying Solve 7/missions and other projects requiring funding, completing promotional plans (stage announcements, videos, correspondence, etc.), and reporting progress toward publicized goals.
- Function as Campaign Director or otherwise lead the execution of periodic capital fundraising campaigns, including consultation, planning, overall execution, and periodic reporting.
- Identify and champion periodic classes and other types of training for attendees, helping to keep the importance of good financial management and generosity in the minds of people and to help them to develop and employ effective financial management tools and techniques.
- Establish and implement processes that help the church to recognize and follow up with first time donors and to identify donors who have reduced or even stopped their financial support of the church in order to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Implement objective measures that help church leadership to understand its “donor universe,” keeping track of trends and overall church stewardship progress.
- Manage and maintain social media sites and online giving options.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires 5+ years of experience in a professional fundraising environment with a proven track record of individual and, corporate gift solicitation. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and a strong character. A working knowledge of donor development applications are also required.
Interested Candidates, click here.