Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Planned Giving and Endowment, to assist in the enhancement and implementation of programs to increase the quality and quantity of Jewish philanthropy. The Senior Development Officer for Donor Advised funds is responsible for cultivating relationships with both existing donors and prospects that are capable of making principal gifts towards, or deferred financial gifts to benefit the Jewish Community through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF). This individual is involved in a full range of marketing and development duties, including working with other development staff to ensure that both gifts for annual campaign, supplemental gifts and endowment gifts, are an integral component of a comprehensive donor-focused fundraising strategy through a donors DAF benefitting the Jewish Community through work with the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (JFC).
This position will also be responsible for:
- Oversight and understanding the technical and financial components of the DAF platform.
- Investing and tax benefits as it relates to DAF.
- Day to day operations of the funds.
- Grant approval process.
- Interfacing with software operations.
- Reporting data as needed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist in promoting and marketing of donor advised funds to current donors and prospects including researching prospects, developing and maintaining prospect lists, coordinating meetings, drafting letters and other marketing collateral.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors to assist them in their philanthropy and further their charitable interests.
- Directly support Jewish Federation of Cincinnati’s campaign integration on an ongoing basis in addition to mandatory campaign-related activities.
- Work with the Manager of Planned Giving and Endowment to design and implement the strategic plan for securing gifts through the JFC DAF Program.
- Work with the Development Team to identify individuals currently in the Jewish community donor database as prospects for initial gifts to the DAF as well as donor who may initiate a DAF as part of an endowment plan.
- Identify, research and cultivate prospective donors, who may have a DAF elsewhere but are in our Jewish community database, for making gifts to the Jewish community through their DAF.
- Create the necessary marketing materials and collateral that communicates the JFC DAF Program with donors and prospects, and ensuring donors and prospects receive timely information.
- Conduct informational seminars and other speaking engagements to promote the JFC DAF.
- Review and approve donor grant recommendations.
- Perform due diligence on organizations recommended for funding through donor advised funds.
- Build necessary relationships to maintain a list of allied legal, accounting and financial planning professionals that result in establishing a DAF and/or endowment gift to the Jewish community.
- Cultivate longstanding donors in a concerted effort to have them consider making the Jewish community a beneficiary in their estate planning and becoming part of Create Your Jewish Legacy (CYJL).
- Ensure timely correspondence and proper acknowledgment of gifts given through DAF.
- Coordinate with Finance and Adminstration Committee (F&A), as well as legal and financial representatives of donors to ensure appropriateness of recommended gifts, ensuring donor intention.
- Assure proper recording of all contact and follow-up with donors and prospects is accurately recorded in the JFC database
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- 5-7 years of non-profit and/or fundraising experience.
- Experience with donor-advised funds or non-profit finance strongly preferred.
- Relational database experience, Black Baud database preferred.
- Team player with high energy and passion for the mission.
- Ability to multi-task, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, operate with discretion and use outstanding judgment.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite of Products, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Jewish community, culture, heritage and traditions required.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org