The Air Force Museum Foundation (AFMF) is a dedicated nonprofit organization committed to supporting the National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF), situated at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. Functioning as the Museum’s crucial partner, the foundation focuses on securing funding and resources to enhance the Museum’s facilities, exhibits, and educational programs.
The Air Force Museum Foundation seeks a strategic Planned Giving Officer (PGO) to support its fundraising efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial team that will work with senior leadership to chart the philanthropic future of the Museum and Foundation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Devise and implement effective planned giving strategies to maximize contributions from donors.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to integrate planned giving initiatives with overall fundraising goals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing bequest donors, providing personalized stewardship to ensure ongoing donor engagement and commitment.
- Develop tailored communication plans to express gratitude and update donors on the impact of their planned gifts.
- Identify opportunities to expand the planned giving program, both in terms of donors and the types of planned gifts.
- Work collaboratively with the Major Gifts team to identify and cultivate potential planned giving prospects; integrate planned giving into major gift conversations and solicitations to maximize donor engagement and impact.
- Collaborate with the development team to establish and achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics, adjusting strategies as needed to ensure success.
The candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in fundraising, with a focus on planned giving.
- Proven success in developing and executing comprehensive planned giving strategies.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience stewarding high-level donors.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical database experience with a focus on finding planned giving prospects in the Foundation database.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with the Development team members and colleagues across the Foundation.
- Savvy professional with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and metrics to inform strategic decision-making.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations governing planned giving.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of the Air Force Museum Foundation.