Great Parks of Hamilton County is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Grants Coordinator. Join a team of dedicated and passionate people working toward a mission you can believe in— preserving and protecting natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations. This position is part of the Philanthropy Division team that exemplifies the organization’s core values of integrity, sustainability, inclusivity, and fun.
This position is based at Winton Centre in Winton Woods.
Please apply at greatparks.org/jobs.
Job Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Researches available grants and reviews available sources of funding with Grants Manager. Pursues relevant funding opportunities for new and existing programs, services and capital projects related to assets and infrastructure.
- Under the guidance of the Grants Manager, drafts and completes grant applications through information gathering and collaboration with staff, assuring all required information and supporting documentation is addressed in the format required by the proposal and outlined by the funder.
- Collaborates with staff to ensure programs and projects are implemented according to the funder’s grant criteria and defined outcomes, and reporting obligations are completed as required by funder.
- Coordinates the evaluation and monitoring of outcomes as related to grant funded programs and projects.
- Completes requirements and deliverables as outlined in grant agreement including required documents, forms and reports.
- Ensures compliance with funder’s restrictions and requirements.
- Monitors internal grant spending under guidance of Grants Manager and in collaboration with Finance and other staff.
- Completes and tracks reimbursement requests as needed.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Public Engagement Department to ensure public recognition adheres to funder’s requirements and best practices.
- Coordinates a record keeping, tracking and retention process for all foundation grant proposals and agreements through databased management and file servers.
- Develops a diversified network of private funding organizations and adapts to the fluctuating availability of funding.
- Assist Grants Manager with administrative tasks related to the overall grants program including local, state and federal government funding and other sources of funding.
- Supports major initiatives of the Philanthropy Division outside the grants program, including annual giving, sponsorship and fundraising events.
- Represents Great Parks at appropriate networking and information exchange opportunities including conferences, training sessions and seminars.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks of Hamilton County’s policies, procedures and performance expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
- Associate’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field and 5 years’ professional grant writing experience; or Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field and 3 years’ professional grant writing experience.
- Experience in natural resources/conservation, nature education and public parks and recreation is a plus.
- Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
This part-time position will work 24 hours per week, preferably on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Salary Range: $18.43 to 23.37 Hourly
Benefits include membership in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.