Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Would you like to play a role in helping our region to be the best it can possibly be? Do you want to work for a foundation that firmly believes in generosity, greater good, equity, trailblazing and growth? If so, keep reading.
The Centennial team is seeking a Manager, Philanthropic Partnerships (MPP) for one of the most prominent community foundations in the nation. Our client is located in Cincinnati and serves an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
The Manager, Philanthropic Partnerships will take the lead on managing special initiative fundraising efforts. This individual will drive the creation of fundraising strategies for each initiative while also coordinating moves management of prospective co-funders with staff and volunteers. Additionally, they will ensure funding partnerships and grants are properly stewarded and subsequent grants completed, and follow-up reports provided. The MPP ensures a consistent understanding, clarity and alignment across the foundation of the various fundraising efforts and philanthropic partnerships.
The Manager, Philanthropic Partnerships will report to the Senior Director, Donor Services and collaborate with the Finance, Community Strategies and Marketing Departments.
- Plan, execute, steward, provide recognition and track the foundation’s fundraising to grow available assets for operations year over year
- Create fundraising strategies, collaborate cross-departmentally, and manage moves management for the foundation’s special initiatives
- Assist with ongoing prospecting needs with priority given to qualifying donors to special initiative opportunities as potential, future fund holders
- Assist the Chief Philanthropy Officer in providing support for the foundation’s key partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced level of proficiency with wealth screening tools and platforms. Open to learning new fundraising and CRM systems
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience in fundraising and development with progressive responsibility
- Prior experience in frontline development, donor relations and/or stewardship required
- Ability to implement and manage fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation, and recognition plans
- Commitment to participate fully in internal and external racial equity initiatives, demonstrated by thoughtful action, a results-driven orientation and continuous learning mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which includes comfort in connecting to diverse constituents and the ability to build authentic, long-term relationships for the foundation
- Curious and self-motivated learner interested in understanding the nuances of fundraising, donor engagement and the role of community foundations
- Strong donor-relations and/or customer relation skills, providing prompt, professional responses to all prospect inquiries
- Polished and compelling communication skills
- Impeccable follow-through and strong attention to detail; ability to connect all facets of development, communications, and events to a strategy
- Successful track record motivating and managing volunteer leadership to accomplish shared goals
- Experience carrying out a donor-centered fundraising philosophy and strengthening a culture of philanthropy
- Familiarity with potential donors