The Air Force Museum Foundation (AFMF) is a dedicated nonprofit organization committed to supporting the National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF), situated at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. Functioning as the Museum’s crucial partner, the foundation focuses on securing funding and resources to enhance the Museum’s facilities, exhibits, and educational programs.
AFMF seeks a dynamic and strategic Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to support its fundraising efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial team that will work with senior leadership to chart the philanthropic future of the Museum and Foundation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Qualify and manage a portfolio of 125-150 donors.
- Work with donor relations and marketing colleagues to communicate the impact of Foundation donors on the Museum.
- Create and maintain an annual fundraising plan in conjunction with the CDO.
- Set objectives for individual and organizational fundraising.
- Solicit individuals, corporations, and other funders directly.
- Use technology and other resources to develop and manage a prospect pool.
- Maintain database records, hard files, and e-files for all gift officer and donor engagement activities (Blackbaud CRM).
- Provide input on the creation of print/electronic materials conveying Museum and Foundation priorities to current or prospective donors.
The candidate will have:
- 10+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience, including major giving, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, special projects/program support, or capital fundraising.
- A proven track record of successful fundraising and demonstrated experience in securing major gifts.
- A thorough understanding of the Museum and Foundation’s history, culture, collection, programs, constituencies, facilities, financial support, and short-, medium-, and long-term funding objectives.
- Knowledge of key stakeholders in the USAF and civilian aviation communities, the national defense sector, STEM education and workforce development communities, and veterans’ communities is a plus.
- Experience in the museum sector and museum philanthropy is preferred.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of AFMF.