Are you a driven individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do you love being part of a hardworking and collaborative team, bringing your unique talents to accomplish incredible results? Do others remark on how personable you are and your knack for making friends and forming relationships whether you’re meeting with a donor or standing in line at the grocery store? If you’re reading this, nodding and saying “That’s me!” we’d love to talk with you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
About the Position
We are looking for a Major & Planned Gifts Officer who is service-focused and a go-getter to join our team in the Cincinnati office. This position is responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift donors as well as identifying new prospects. As a part of this all-star team, you could be:
- Managing a pipeline of over 250 mid-level and major donors in collaboration with the Founder/CEO and Director of Philanthropy.
- Connecting generous sponsors with incoming Spark Reading, Textbook, and Computer Program schools and Rise Youth Development Program communities.
- Meeting in-person with supporters in Cincinnati and across the US & Canada to develop and strengthen relationships as well as to steward and report back on past giving.
- Supporting CoEd’s annual gala, Fall Fiesta, in increasing dollars raised through event sponsorships, table sales, and live auction bidders.
- Qualifying and identifying major gift prospects through tours and marketing initiatives.
- Generating new business through research, networking, and identifying “connectors”.
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- You’re inspired to work hardest when it’s for a good cause.
- You believe that all children deserve an education, and you love inviting others to get involved. You lean in to your goals, knowing that your success means more lives changed through education.
- You’re an optimistic team player.
- You see the opportunities in obstacles, are a life-long learner, and focus on strengths. You bring out the best in others, and let them do the same for you. After all, changing the world is a team sport!
- You’re a systems thinker…
- You can envision how a whole project will unfold and create flexible processes for future benefit. You see the big picture and use planning and technology as tools to achieve your goals.
- …but you also value attention to detail.
- You care about the little things, and carry out your work with thought and integrity. Youre even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Please include your major and GPA from most recent degree in cover letter (even for non-recent graduates).
- At least 2-3 years of experience in securing five- and six-figure gifts and talking to donors about planned giving.
- Proven track record of driving campaigns and achieving goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Database experience and/or tech savviness.
- eTapestry experience.
- Spanish speaking ability.
This position is based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and will start in fall 2019.
To apply: Visit our Careers page at https://coeduc.org/careers/