St. Aloysius Orphanage’s Development Department is in search of a Lead Development Specialist. The primary responsibility of the Lead Development Specialist is to plan, create, organize, deliver, track and oversee ongoing fundraising efforts for St. Aloysius. Reporting to the Administrative Director of Development & Communications (ADDC) responsibilities include, but is not limited to annual giving, donor growth and donor relations, fundraising campaigns, community engagement, special events, grants support, and quality donor data.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with coursework in Nonprofit management or Public Administration
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Development related position
- Excellent writing and editing skills; extreme attention to detail
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in person, via email and text
- Ability to embrace the principles of the Sanctuary approach to working in a trauma-informed community
- Work with the ADDC to create and manage strategy for acquiring, upgrading and retaining donors.
- Working with the ADDC, manage all Fundraising Campaign Coordination, including donor stewardship delegation and tracking, creating relevant documents such as proposals or work plans, and communicating campaign timeline and deliverables.
- Develop a strong pipeline of qualified donor prospects and delegate stewardship responsibilities to the correct Relationship Manager.
- Manage Annual Fund and donor relations. Be a leader for all aspects of donor interactions including donor stewardship and recognition.
- Help support the grant proposal and reporting processes including some grant writing with the support of the ADDC.
- Support the whole Development Team in creating, planning, and facilitating high net revenue annual fundraising events.
- Collaborate with Communications to create clear, consistent, current, and accurate donor-centered messaging on appeals, thank you letters, and other donor communications.
- Support providing immediate acknowledgment, both verbal and written (i.e. fundraising letters, stewardship communications, matching gift forms) of all philanthropic gifts received.
- Support volunteer recruitment, training, and retention.
- Work with Development Team to help manage Annual Operating plan for Development including budget, metrics, targets, strategies, initiatives, and timelines.
- Help Development Team maintain an accurate donor database.
- Work with ADDC to provide St. Aloysius Sr. Leadership and Board Members regular fundraising updates and impact reports.
- Manage and track St. Aloysius’ contracts with Development related vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants can email their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Aloysius Orphanage is an Equal Opportunity Employer