Reports To: Vice President of Philanthropy
Direct Reports: 0
Cincinnati Ballet currently has an exciting opportunity in our Development Department for a self-motivated, detailed oriented and ambitious fundraising professional. The Individual Giving Manager will have primary responsibility for the leading the organization’s annual giving efforts, establishing strategy, and implementing fundraising plans for sustaining and growing a portfolio of individual donors.
Working as an integral member of Cincinnati Ballet’s development team they are expected to serve as the first impression for new donors, and discovery officer for current donors to grow and retain contributed revenue. Working collaboratively with and in support of the Vice President of Philanthropy, Board members, volunteers, development team and other Cincinnati Ballet staff. The Individual Giving Manager must demonstrate a strong commitment to CB’s mission, have success in personally soliciting gifts from individuals, possess sound fundraising judgment and utilize outstanding communication and organizational skills.
The Individual Giving Manager is a public-facing position with a degree of interactivity with donors, the Board of Trustees, and the public. The Individual Giving Manager also interacts with all departments including: Administration, Artistic, Academy, Production, Dancers, Development, and Marketing.
Exhibits a strong capacity to work collaboratively through partnership building. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Must be able to express ideas clearly and compellingly both verbally and in writing.
The Individual Giving Manager must be able to plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines and effectively support personnel. Punctuality is essential for fulfillment of programmatic responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Vice President of Philanthropy to develop strategies for individual giving initiatives including annual fund and signature events.
- Personally, manage relationships and solicitations of donations $1 to $4,999.
- Perform personal phone calls and email correspondence regularly to prospective and current donors.
- Prepare communication materials, including background documents, gift request letters, proposals, and impact reports.
- Compose monthly annual fund requests and organize CB mail house partners to routinely deliver.
- Track all interactions with individual giving donors in Tessitura database.
- Work collaboratively with members of the development team to identify individual prospects for general operating support and targeted programmatic funding.
- Conduct prospect solicitation briefings with senior staff and key solicitors.
- Prepare research and talking points prior to donor visits.
- Debrief following visits to produce call reports and strategies for next steps.
- Coordinate online giving program, including e-mail creation distribution and web content in partnership with Cincinnati Ballet’s marketing efforts.
- Lead assigned cultivation events in partnership with fellow team members.
- Track and maintain administration of donor benefits in partnership with Development Coordinator.
- Participate in Signature Event fundraising initiatives such as: Nutcracker Luncheon, Intimate Evening and Club B.
- Serve as a representative of Cincinnati Ballet at performances and donor functions.
Key Professional Experience
- A passion for Cincinnati Ballet’s mission and programs.
- Exceptional writing skills required.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and synthesize data in ways that will enhance the planning and decision making of the development department.
- Independent and motivated manager who is capable of balancing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with donors, Board members, and patrons.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- An interest in continually learning more about best-practices for fundraising.
- Presents a professional appearance as a forward-facing representative of CB.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Tessitura is a plus.
Expected Work Hours and Travel:
- Must be able to work a highly flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings depending on events and performance schedule. Hours change seasonally.
- Travel may occur occasionally within the greater Cincinnati area to attend conferences, events, or donor meetings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, candidates must be willing to complete a background check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Starting salary: $45,000
Cincinnati Ballet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identification, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.