Responsible for coordinating the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals. Researches grant opportunities that match goals and objectives of the chapter or region. Gathers information and coordinates/writes grant proposals. Develops and maintains effective, long term relationships with grantors to facilitate approvals of grants. Follows up with grantors to determine/monitor grant status.
- Identifies, pursues, cultivates, and enhances relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs.
- Manages region’s grants calendar, and in collaboration with relationship managers, researches, develops and writes proposals to secure grants from foundations including the United Way and other grant-making organizations.
- Collaborates with chapter(s) to determine needs and identify fundable projects fitting organizational strategies.
- Coordinates and complies with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors and United Way.
- Conducts initial review of planned proposals and submission guidelines to determine feasibility; suggests positioning.
- Assists with other fundraising projects as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Communications, Business, Organizational Development or a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience working for a nonprofit organization or in public relations, marketing, sales, communications or project management. Corporate fundraising or workplace giving experience preferred. Experience working with community foundations and the United Way preferred.
Management Experience: Prefer six months – 1 year.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to utilize full Microsoft Office suite. Donor management system experience highly preferred.
Other: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and data management. Strong customer service orientation is necessary. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team. Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment. Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.